When director Ken Rodgers decided to do a documentary looking back on the battles between late Raiders owner Al Davis and late NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle, he decided he wanted to tell the stories from their perspectives. With both men having died years ago, Rodgers used deepfake technology to make modern science fiction versions of the two main characters and used them to narrate the documentary that is rich in historical footage of both Davis and Rozelle from their battles over the AFL-NFL merger and the Raiders move to Los Angeles.
A burglary occurred at a student residence in the 400 block of N. Frances Street last week, according to an email from the Off Campus Council sent Saturday. The email stated that the crime took place between 3 p.m. on Nov. 26 and 2 p.m. Dec. 1. The burglar gained entry by unknown means, there were no signs of force and the house’s rear door was found unlocked. Two flat screen televisions, an Xbox 360, an unknown amount of U. S. currency and an iPad mini were taken, the email stated. Suspect information is not available. For more information on crime prevention and ways to reduce the risk of crime, the Off Campus Council said students should visit the Notre Dame Security Police website or consult the live crime map of Notre Dame, South Bend and Mishawaka available at www.crimereports.com
View Comments It’s Independence Day weekend, and if you’re like us, you’ll be spending every hour of sunlight outside grilling, getting a tan and wearing these. Of course, you’re going to need some serious summer music to kick off the festivities—may we interest you in some awesome showtunes? Some of the season’s best Broadway and off-Broadway shows have recently released cast albums, and they’ve been in heavy rotation around the Broadway.com office. So, we want to know: Which of these new cast recordings is your absolute favorite? Cast your vote below!
A Marine Corps Training and Advisory Group (MCTAG) participated in a joint combat training subject matter expert exchange (SMEE) with members of the Nicaraguan military in support of Southern Partnership Station (SPS) 2011 at the Corinto Naval Base in Corinto, Nicaragua, 24 March. Five Marines and a Sailor assigned to the SMEE are part of a five-day cross training evolution with members of the Nicaraguan army and navy special forces units, designed to improve proficiency in hand-to-hand combat, tactical procedures and bayonet maneuvers. “This SMEE is essential for all service members who may possibly engage in combat, because we’re focusing on the truest essence of combat, which is hand-to-hand combat for survival,” said Marine Staff Sgt. Daniel Monteiro. MCTAG, operating under U.S. Marine Corps Forces Southern Command, is one of a complement of military teams embarked aboard High Speed Vessel Swift (HSV 2) conducting SMEEs with the Nicaraguan government. The other SMEEs are related to physical security, medicine, civil affairs, construction, engineering and counter terrorism techniques. MCTAG’s mission is to build partner nation capacity in support of combatant commanders’ theater security force assistance and security cooperation objectives as designated by respective regional Marine force component commands. During the engagement, scenarios are presented and the service members must react quickly to access the best course of action for countering an attack from an enemy. “Everyone is benefiting from this training, because regardless of what uniform you wear, you want to be the one to walk away safe if you ever have to apply these tactics,” said Infante Oscar David Lopez, a member of the Nicaraguan navy special forces. “It’s also a good opportunity for us to learn and share information with our American counterparts and continue to build a strong working relationship.” “The success we’ve experienced with our Nicaraguan counterparts this week is a testament to the commitment these men have to service and country, and it has helped us foster an enduring bond with each other,” said Marine Capt. Raul Melano, SPS 2011 MCTAG officer-in-charge. U.S. Marine Corps Forces Southern Command commands all Marine forces assigned to U.S. Southern Command; advises the commander on the proper employment and support of Marine forces; conducts deployment/redeployment planning and execution of assigned/attached Marine forces; and accomplishes other operational missions as assigned. SPS 11 is an annual deployment of U.S. ships to Latin America and the Caribbean. The mission’s primary goal is information-sharing with navies, coast guards and civilian services throughout the region. Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command (COMUSNAVSO) is the naval component command for U.S. Southern Command and is responsible for all naval personnel and assets in the area of responsibility. COMUSNAVSO conducts a variety of missions in support of the U.S. maritime strategy, including theater security cooperation, relationship building, humanitarian assistance and disaster response, community relations and counter-illicit trafficking operations. By Dialogo March 30, 2011
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a driver who crashed his truck into Selden house and fled the scene last month.Police said the driver crashed through a side fence and into the backyard of a house at the corner of Tilden Avenue and Fairlane Drive, then backed into the side of the house before driving off shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5.The truck and the driver stayed in the backyard for several minutes before backing into the house, causing structural damage, police added.The driver fled northbound on Fairline Avenue in the truck before making a right turn and escaping eastbound on Catalina Lane.The truck was a black older-style, two-door Chevy S-10 Blazer or S-10 pickup truck with a cap. The driver was described as a white man, 20 to 25-years-old, with brown hair.Sixth Squad detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000.
TZ Lošinja, as the first destination in Croatia and an excellent positive example, two weeks ago in cooperation with all tourist partners in the destination made “Insurance policy for guests “As well as clear protocols in case any of the guests have symptoms or get coronavirus. The Civil Protection Headquarters of the Istrian County gave a recommendation to make available 10% of accommodation capacities for people who could be in self-isolation. Martina Nimac Kalcina, ZOT HGK: It is necessary to adopt unique recommendations at the national level for guests in family accommodation who are determined by self-isolation Yesterday, on behalf of the Family Tourism Association, the Croatian Chamber of Commerce sent an official letter to the Ministry of Tourism on this issue with a question related to the issue of guests who will be assigned a measure of self-isolation. “We are all aware that there is no ideal solution, but at least to try to solve some situations in advance, in accordance with the possibilities.”Said Martina Nimac Kalcina, President of the Family Tourism Association at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce. It is certainly not correct for the cost to be borne by the landlord, so it is necessary to clearly define all the protocols to avoid confusion or misconduct. Just a positive example of practice and reaction to the whole situation of the Mali Lošinj Tourist Board, opened the issue of covering the cost of self-isolation of the rest of the family in other destinations, in case one of the guests has symptoms or coronavirus, and raised renters with a logical question: Who will cover the cost of self-isolation of guests? The landlord himself or someone else, as in the case of Lošinj? Also, TZ Lošinja covers the cost of accommodation and meals for guests or their families in case of self-isolation in 14-day self-isolation. Coronavirus information related to the tourism sector / / / TZ Lošinja made an “Insurance Policy” for guests in the case As he points out Martina Nimac Kalcina, President of the Family Tourism Association (ZOT) at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce expects the Ministry of Tourism to adopt aa unique recommendation of action for guests in family accommodation who have been assigned self-isolation Attachment: Numbers of on-duty territorially competent epidemiologists / List of telephone numbers of epidemiologists on standby As Nimac Kalcina points out, the mentioned recommendation, as a rule, for a smaller number of accommodation units available to renters, does not enable compliance with the Recommendations, and also seeks the opinion of the MINT on the recommendation of the Civil Protection Headquarters of Istria. Also, the question arises as to who will covered the cost of cleaning the apartment? since the space must be specially disinfected and this must not be done by the landlord himself, according to the recommendations of the CNIPH. Recommendation of the Civil Protection Headquarters of the County of Istria Who will cover the cost of self-isolating guests in case any of the guests have symptoms or get coronavirus? As some of the possible solutions from ZOT HGK, they listed 3 proposals: The tourism ministry will publish clear recommendations by the end of the week Namely, in case of doubt, the guest does not go to the doctor himself but must contact the reception of the hotel or the owner of the accommodation. Then the questionnaire made by the Lošinj Tourist Board is filled in at the level of the entire destination, and the hotel or the landlord calls the doctor and the epidemiological service. “If a family member becomes ill with covid19, he is transported to a hospital or must remain in self-isolation, depending on the epidemiologist’s assessment. If he has to go to the hospital for treatment, the family remains in self-isolation, and the cost of accommodation and meals will be covered by the Lošinj Tourist Board. Also, if a new guest needs to come during the self-insulation, we will provide alternative accommodation in cooperation with the landlord and the agency, and the Lošinj Tourist Board will cover the cost of cleaning the apartment, as the space must be disinfected and the landlord must not do it. The goal is not to localize any eventual case as soon as possible, and to take care of our guests so that they feel safe and so that in the case of self-isolation they do not feel alone, because they are in another country.”Points out Dalibor Cvitković, director of the Mali Lošinj Tourist Board, and concludes that guests can really feel safe on Lošinj and that they are prepared for all situations, if any. guests in self-isolation who came by car to be allowed to go to their home country, with clear instructions on how to behave on the road. that regional and local authorities physically lease a number of reception units and cover the costs of accommodation for persons in self-isolationto coordinate with the tourist communities for the coordination of the process of responsibilities which should help the hosts in finding new accommodation Coordinated by the Ministry of Tourism and the National Civil Protection Headquarters by the end of this week, MINT will publish clear recommendations for self-isolation for guests in family accommodation, as well as answer the question of covering costs in case of family self-isolation.
The coronavirus has hit some demographics in society harder than others, and the league and union are looking at how they can use their platform to address it.“So I think it is a multi-layer effort,” Sills said. “And again, we’re going to know so much more. It’s such a short period of time about how this disease manifests itself, can spread, and to be hopefully mitigated in populations.”___More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL Associated Press NFL medical boss not surprised by positive cases, opt outs. NFL spokesman Brain McIntyre noted that the league is talking to the union and with the league’s competition committee about what to do if a football game is postponed.Sills said league and doctors sharing information has been one of the silver linings of the pandemic, adding the league has to be incredibly vigilant, identify those with the virus as quickly as possible and then be ready to take action. The league is closely examining recent positive tests because some of them don’t represent new infections. There are actually people who’ve been previously infected, he said, and there is a concept of persistent positive tests. That means someone who’s been previously infected weeks or months ago can still test positive.The seemingly high number of NFL opt outs — about three dozen — are not surprising because each player has to evaluate his own personal and family risk factors. He said it is no different from what doctors see in clinical medicine every day. Sills said the virus has hit people involved in all phases of football: owners, players, coaches, office staff and medical personnel. Minnesota Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman, who has assisted the NFL in establishing protocols, tested positive.“This is a virus to cut all elements of our society,” Sills said. “So I don’t think it should come as a surprise that we’ve had positive tests in all of those groups.” Players currently have to pass COVID-19 testing before they are allowed into training camp. Sills said the screening is continuing and going well.“We all have a common enemy here with this virus,” Sills said. “I think specifically you look at the situation and recognize that this is going to be hard. The NFL in 2020 is not going to look the way it has in the past. This virus presents a major challenge to every aspect of American life, and football is no exception.”Sills said the league and the NFL Players Association approved all 32 infectious disease emergency response plans teams had to submit to show how they would adapt to NFL/NFLPA-mandated protocols for dealing with the coronavirus. He added that the league and union have approved protocols for stadiums. The teams must now create a plan to meet those protocols.The NFL has shared information with officials from baseball, basketball and hockey about their restarts, and it has reached out worldwide to discuss the issues with the Premier League in England, the Bundesliga in Germany, and Australian Rules Football. It’s an effort to see what has gone well and what needs tweaking.The NFL is looking at the recent spike in cases among Miami Marlins players, which forced some baseball games to be postponed. July 30, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe NFL’s chief medical officer says it’s not surprising there have been positive tests for COVID-19 among players reporting to training camp.Dr. Allen Sills notes that the disease is cutting across football just as it has through societies around the world.Speaking on a conference call on Thursday, Sills said the league wanted to examine the results of recent COVID-19 tests before releasing the number of positives.