A burglary occurred at a student residence in the 400 block of N. Frances Street last week, according to an email from the Off Campus Council sent Saturday. The email stated that the crime took place between 3 p.m. on Nov. 26 and 2 p.m. Dec. 1. The burglar gained entry by unknown means, there were no signs of force and the house’s rear door was found unlocked. Two flat screen televisions, an Xbox 360, an unknown amount of U. S. currency and an iPad mini were taken, the email stated. Suspect information is not available. For more information on crime prevention and ways to reduce the risk of crime, the Off Campus Council said students should visit the Notre Dame Security Police website or consult the live crime map of Notre Dame, South Bend and Mishawaka available at www.crimereports.com
continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr In late 2016, two people outside the company accessed the personal information of 57 million Uber users including names, email addresses and phone numbers, the company said. Hackers also accessed driver’s license numbers of around 600,000 drivers in the United States. The 600,000 was included in the total number of affected users.The company did not alert victims or regulators of the breach when they discovered it happened.Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi said in a statement he recently learned of the breach.Khosrowshahi, who became CEO in August, said he launched an investigation into why the company did not alert authorities or individuals affected by the hack. He said, “two of the individuals who led the response to this incident are no longer with the company.” Khosrowshahi said the company is now notifying regulatory authorities.
After last weekend’s last-gasp loss at Newcastle was compounded by a late Arsenal leveller on Tuesday, Frank Lampard’s Blues avoided a frustrating week getting any worse at the Championship play-off hopefuls. Hull looked bright at times in front of their first sell-out crowd since dropping out of the Premier League in 2017, but Chelsea ran out victors as Michy Batshuayi’s deflected opener and a Fikayo Tomori header proved enough despite Kamil Grosicki’s late goal from a free-kick. City had not won any of their previous 10 FA Cup encounters with the Blues and were facing an uphill battle from the sixth minute, when Batshuayi’s strike went in off Ryan Tafazolli as Lampard’s side put a sloppy start behind them. Superb saves from goalkeeper George Long kept Hull’s hopes alive heading into half-time and highly-rated Jarrod Bowen went close to drawing level during a fine start to the second period by Grant McCann’s men. But Tomori, who spent the 2017-18 campaign on loan at the KCOM Stadium, ended that period of ascendancy for McCann’s side by scoring a close-range header, with Chelsea digging deep after substitute Grosicki’s deflected free-kick went in off Mateo Kovacic. The Croatia midfielder was one of three Chelsea players to retain a starting spot following the 2-2 draw with Arsenal and played a key role in the early opener. Lampard’s much-changed side had started sloppily against a Hull side buoyed by a full KCOM Stadium, where Kovacic’s diagonal pass found Cesar Azpilicueta wide on the right. Mason Mount was blocked out when found by Chelsea skipper’s first-time cross, but Batshuayi picked up the loose ball and fired home via a deflection off Tafazolli. Chelsea secured safe passage to the FA Cup fifth round with a 2-1 win at Hull. Loading… It was a gut punch that left Hull reeling. Other than a Mallik Wilks’ cross that Willy Caballero flapped at, Chelsea were on the front foot as they switched play well and looked to expose the hosts’ vulnerability at full-back. Long raced off his line to deny Ross Barkley before the England international dragged wide, with he produced another fine stop when Mount attempted to dink the ball over him. The volume inside the KCOM Stadium rose after that save, with Bowen and Tom Eaves having half-hearted attempts before the first half ended with another fine Long save as Azpilicueta got away a fierce stoppage-time shot. Hull were fortunate to go into the break just a goal down, but McCann’s team started the second period positively and pushed for a leveller. Bowen came closest for the Tigers, underlining the quality that has led to many admiring glances. He burst forwards and forced the Chelsea defence back, before taking a strike that flew just over Caballero’s goal. Grosicki was brought on as Hull scented blood, yet they would be caught cold in the 64th minute. Barkley flung in a free-kick from the right and Tomori all too easily shook off the attention of George Honeyman to head home in front of the visiting support. Chelsea went close to a third as the match entered the final 20 minutes as Pedro struck a left-footed effort across the face of goal, with the Spaniard again going close after Batshuayi and Tomori had attempts. Promoted Content20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’Fantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?15 Action Heroes 25 Years Ago And NowThis Is Hachi, And He’s The Happiest Dog On Instagram5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much12 Marvel Superheroes Before The FameEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year Read Also: EPL: Mourinho blasts scheduling of Tottenham’s winter breakThose missed opportunities gave Hull hope and Grosicki brought a nervy ending, hitting a 20-yard free-kick that found the top corner thanks to a huge deflection off Kovacic.Chelsea substitute Billy Gilmour was denied from distance and Marcos Alonso flashed over as the game became stretched, with Hull pushing for a shock equaliser.Grosicki put wide as Hull threw everything at Chelsea late on, but Lampard’s side held out.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari is, without doubt, a gifted footballer, and his country has long been a beneficiary of his fine passing range, selfless displays, and sweet left foot.Regrettably, though, it is the other side of Muntari – ill-mannered and consistently disrespectful of the powers-that-be – that the 29-year-old’s countrymen are set to have a more lasting memory of when he finally brings an illustrious spell of service to his nation to an end.Here’s a glance at the most glaring misdemeanors on Muntari’s rap sheet:Breaks camp rules, retires in furyMuntari, even at age 20, was already one of the key figures who, going into the 2004 Olympic Mens’ Football tournament, then Ghana head coach Mariano Barreto – who doubled at the helm of the Black Meteors – could count on. That proved true until, at a pre-tournament base in Barreto’s Portugal, Muntari allowed his Italian girlfriend into camp and, even after team authorities’ insistence, refused to let the lady leave, thus giving Barreto little option than to evict the ex-Udinese star from his Athens-bound side. Muntari, in a stunning knee-jerk reaction, declared perhaps one of the most premature retirement decisions of any player in international football history. It indeed was a rash move, given that, before long, he had ‘repented’ and re-availed himself for national duty. Abuses ‘Milo’: Part IThe story of Muntari’s absence from the 2010 Nations Cup – a competition for which Ghana’s Serbian coach Milovan Rajevac needed as many of his most experienced players as he could get, with the likes of John Mensah, John Paintsil and, to a slightly lesser extent, Michael Essien, missing – is an intriguing one. First, he failed to turn up for a friendly against Angola in November 2009 and, when ‘Milo’ requested a meeting between himself and the erring player, Muntari apparently snubbed him. Rajevac, consequently, overlooked him for the Afcon. Ghana went on to reach the finale, while Muntari later apologised and got recalled for that year’s World Cup, where more unsavory ‘wahala’ ensued.Abuses ‘Milo’: Part IIMuntari missed much of Ghana’s first two group games at the 2010 World Cup – he started none, actually – and apparently didn’t take too kindly to his omission, being the prima donna he is. And so he allegedly abused Rajevac verbally, to the extent that the latter was moved to axe him ahead of a crucial final game against mighty Germany. Somewhere between Rajevac’s decision and the anticipated official notice from the Ghana Football Association, however, it is believed that Muntari’s fellow seniors in that squad – notably former skipper Stephen Appiah – begged for his speedy re-instatement. Rajevac obliged but remained unwavering at least for Ghana’s next two games, merely handing Muntari cameos from the bench on those occasions. When he did start against Uruguay, though, brilliant Muntari made it count, scoring a scorching screamer that could easily have secured Ghana a maiden World Cup semi-final berth but for subsequent happenings in that match. Insults Kwesi AppiahExit ‘Milo’ and – two managerial changes later – enter indigene Kwesi Appiah. In the 54-year-old, Muntari would find a new nemesis, one with whom a first brush occurred when Ghana trekked to honour a 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier versus Lesotho. In what proved a routine win, Muntari provided the one memorable, albeit infamous, sideshow. Substituted as the match progressed, Muntari seemingly kept his cool, only to release his pent-up indignance at full force in the dressing room [post-match] on Appiah and members of his coaching staff over the wisdom – or lack thereof – that informed the decision to replace him. After allowing Muntari to have his rather aggressive say, Appiah struck back as harshly as he possibly could by shutting the national team’s doors to the player until a remorseful Muntari came pleading his way back months later.Slaps, SackedAnd now the most recent episode of Muntari-mania to hit his international career. At the acme of the cash scandal that prematurely derailed Ghana’s dreams of glory at the 2014 Fifa World Cup – which transpired during a late-night emergency meeting between the players and team officials over ‘pressing’ issues regarding unsettled appearance fees – Muntari was alleged to have physically assaulted one of the leading personalities from the GFA who had accompanied the team to Brazil and, still very much in his notoriously brutal temper, went on to wreak further havoc to some property at the hotel in Brasilia where the Stars were encamped. For his error – the latest in a lengthy record of offences – Muntari, along with fellow delinquent and one-time AC Milan team-mate Kevin-Prince Boateng, received the expulsion for which he had been granted a stay of execution four years prior.