Brendan Rodgers is expected to become Leicester City’s manager after Celtic gave him permission to speak to the Premier League club.The Foxes are keen to install a successor to the sacked Claude Puel as soon as possible.First-team coach John Kennedy is set to take charge of Celtic for Wednesday’s Scottish Premiership trip to Hearts.“Brendan has indicated that this is an opportunity he wishes to investigate further,” Celtic said in a statement.Former Liverpool boss Rodgers cut short a BBC interview when asked about the Leicester vacancy after the champions’ win over Motherwell on Sunday.They are eight points clear of nearest rivals Rangers in the league as they chase an eighth successive title.Rodgers has won two Scottish Premierships, three Scottish League Cups and two Scottish Cups since arriving at Parkhead in the summer of 2016.They reached the group stages of the Champions League in his first two seasons, but were knocked out in the third qualifying round by AEK Athens this term amid unrest between Rodgers and the Celtic board over a failure to strengthen the squad last summer.Last week, they bowed out of the Europa League at the last-32 stage for the second successive season, losing to Valencia. –Source: BBC
Portis’ attorney said the 38-year-old is innocent and was unaware of the scheme, according to The Washington Post.More from Portis attorney: “He is completely taken aback by this indictment and will move forward with the process of clearing his good name and those of his fellow NFL alumni.”— Rick Maese (@RickMaese) December 12, 2019The claims were made under the NFL Player Health Reimbursement Account Plan, which provides tax-free money to retired players for health care services provided. The ex-players are alleged to have created fraudulent documents, including prescriptions, invoices and notes from health care providers confirming the players’ usage of the equipment.Equipment billed for included ultrasound machines, hyperbaric oxygen chambers and “electromagnetic therapy designed for horses,” prosecutors said at a press conference. Twelve ex-NFL players face federal criminal charges for allegedly making fraudulent claims against their league-provided healthcare funds, resulting in $3.4 million being removed from the NFL’s fund designed for retired players, federal prosecutors announced Thursday.Among the players are former Redskins running back Clinton Portis, former Chiefs wide receiver Tamarick Vanover and former Saints wide receiver Joe Horn. The charges, which are filed in the Eastern District of Kentucky, came in multiple charging documents — two indictments totaling 10 players, and intentions to file informations against two additional players. The informations will be for lesser charges, which players reportedly were charged for due to their agreement to cooperate with the government. Horn is among the players charged by information. MORE: Did the Patriots cheat by videotaping Bengals?The charges were filed and announced Thursday by the Department of Justice. Other ex-players in the indictments are John Eubanks, Ceandris Brown, James Butler, Fredrick Bennett, Etric Pruitt, Robert McCune, Carlos Rogers and Correll Buckhalter. Along with Horn, Reche Caldwell is expected to be charged under a criminal information.While prosecutors allege the total fraud amount to be in the multi-millions, the claims mentioned in the indictments only add up to about $510,000.Under the scheme, players allegedly filed fraudulent claims for expensive health care equipment, which was never actually purchased, typically for about $40,000 or $50,000. In some cases, ringleaders of the scheme would receive kickbacks from fraudulent claims made by other ex-players.The scheme took place between mid-2017 and mid-2018, according to an indictment, before healthcare provider CIGNA detected the fraud, stopped paying out the claims and reported the claims to investigators. The total amount of claims filed totaled about $3.9 million, prosecutors said.
Facebook9Tweet0Pin0 “I’m honored and excited to accept this opportunity to serve the citizens and businesses of Olympia and to help strengthen the economic vibrancy of Downtown and our community,” said Rentfrow. Submitted by The City of OlympiaMark Rentfrow has been hired by the City of Olympia as the new Downtown Liaison.The City of Olympia announced the hire of Mark Rentfrow as the new Downtown Liaison. Rentfrow will be joining the City staff on November 16, 2015. The position, titled Community Development Senior Program Specialist, will manage and coordinate Olympia’s Downtown Project and serve are the primary liaison between a variety of stakeholders. The Downtown Project is a coordinated set of initiatives to create a clean, safe and welcome environment in downtown Olympia for is residents, visitors, businesses and the community at large.“Mark’s commitment to the Olympia community has been seen in his work as a member of the Heritage Commission, President of the South Capitol Neighborhood Association and as a graduate of Leadership Thurston County. Mark’s knowledge, skills and experience make him a great fit for this key position and an asset to our team,” said Renée Sunde, Economic Development Director for the City of Olympia.Rentfrow is a lifelong resident of Olympia and passionate about the community. He is a graduate of Pacific Lutheran School of Business having earned both a Bachelor of Business Administration and master of Business Administration. Rentfrow has most recently served as program manager at Thurston Energy, a program of the Thurston Economic Development Council.