first_imgCrump tells CBS: “We don’t understand how that is not first-degree murder.”According to the complaint, Chauvin had his knee on Floyd’s neck for eight minutes, including nearly three minutes after he stopped moving and talking. Officer Derek Chauvin, 44, was charged last week with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter, which are filed in cases of unintentional death. Chauvin also was accused of ignoring another officer who expressed concerns about Floyd, a black man, as he lay handcuffed on the ground. WASHINGTON (AP) — George Floyd’s family attorney Ben Crump says he thinks more serious murder charges should be filed against the white Minneapolis police officer who pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck as he begged for air. Crump says he believes there’s enough evidence to show the officer’s actions were premeditated. An autopsy said the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, likely contributed to his death.last_img read more

first_img A report in Cadena Cope reveals how the club are set to trigger an ERTE – meaning that all of its players will lose the majority of their income due to exceptional circumstances under Spain’s current state of emergency. Loading… Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Top 10 Enemies Turned Friends In TV11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows BetterCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesLaugh, Cry, Or Just Relax With The Best Series Streaming On HBO5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayA Runner Uses Strava App To Create Amazing Pieces Of Running Art It continues that whilst the club’s captains have been in discussions with the board of directors over the decision they have not found an agreement, and the club are now willing to push on despite the lack of consensus.An ERTE is Spain’s temporary redundancy scheme which is activated by the state of emergency within the country, with businesses losing access to their profits.It follows a report in ESPN that whilst there is said to be openness to a compromise, the players are unhappy with the current proposals being offered.The wage cut will be applicable to all senior teams at the club, including the women’s football team and the men’s basketball side.However, the report underlines how the focus is on the men’s senior football team whose combined wage bill is over €500m and is said to be the highest of any professional sports club in the world.Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu was thought to have been seeking a compromise for the men’s first team of 50 percent, due to their role in bringing in income to the club ahead of its other teams.“Force Majeure” .. Barcelona reduces wages for players and employees due to https://t.co/9lTx8EiphM pic.twitter.com/mNeplbTHG7— Saudi 24 News (@Saudi24N) March 27, 2020Read Also: Barcelona stars unconvinced by club’s first pay cut proposalThe coronavirus outbreak has brought sport across the world to a halt with Spanish football suspended indefinitely – meaning that all clubs have no income from matchdays or, for the elite clubs, their museums.As of Thursday, there were 56,188 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Spain with 4,089 deaths while a further 3,679 Spaniards are currently in intensive care.Spain is now behind only Italy on the global scale for the most deaths due to the virus, with the nation now 11 days into a 30-day state of lockdown.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Barcelona first team players look set to lose 70 percent of their income due to the coronavirus outbreak and the suspension of Spanish football.Advertisementlast_img read more

first_img Published on February 25, 2013 at 9:25 pm Contact Chris: [email protected] | @chris_iseman Facebook Twitter Google+ The NFL Combine is wrapping up, and three of Syracuse’s four representatives are finished with all of their workouts.Ryan Nassib, Alec Lemon, Justin Pugh and Shamarko Thomas were all in Indianapolis trying to raise their draft stock. Thomas is the only one of the four who hasn’t completed all of his workouts since defensive backs didn’t begin until Saturday.Of the four, Pugh has the most chance of being drafted in the first round. NFL scouts love his quick feet, but the consensus is that he’s undersized for tackle and could slide over to guard.Pugh ran the 40-yard dash in 5.14 seconds,had a 28.5-inch vertical jump, a 103-inch broad jump, ran the 3-cone drill in 7.45 seconds and did the 20-yard shuttle in 4.63 seconds.Pugh could go as high as the second round, though some mock drafts have him going in the third round.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textNassib ran a 5.06 in the 40-yard dash, had a 28.5-inch vertical jump, a 105-inch broad jump, ran the 3-cone drill in 7.34 seconds and the 20-yard shuttle in 4.53 seconds. Nassib threw on Sunday, though he reportedly was inconsistent, according to The Kansas City Star.Lemon, meanwhile, ran the 40 in 4.59 seconds, but could only do seven reps with the bench press. He also finished with a 32-inch vertical jump and a 112-inch broad jump. He did the 3-cone drill in 7.04 seconds, and did the 20-yard shuttle in 4.29 seconds.Lemon, who caught for 1,070 yards this past season, isn’t likely to get drafted until the later rounds. Some projections don’t have him going into the sixth or seventh rounds.Thomas was the last Syracuse player to work out at the Combine, and finishes up Tuesday, the final day of the event. So far, he’s only done the bench press and finished up with an impressive 28 reps. If he has a strong showing on Tuesday with the defensive backs, Thomas could significantly boost his draft status.The Combine isn’t their last chance to prove themselves to NFL scouts since they’ll also perform in front of more during Syracuse’s pro day in March. Of course we won’t know where they ultimately end up until the NFL Draft, which starts on April 25. Commentslast_img read more